Dogamí Stats & Allocation Mechanism
By default, every Dogamí has a total of 140 points that are distributed over five Stats. As a Puppy, a Dogamí only has a fraction of these 140 points and the traits need to be subsequently developed over his/her lifecycle.
Example: Distribution of Stats for one Dogamí
- Vitality (35)
- Robustness (30)
- Intelligence (20)
- Friendliness (20)
- Obedience (35)Total: 140
The max. Stats Points (SPmax) is defined by the following parameters:
- Stats Number parameters (SNparam) = The number of Stats of a dog
- Stats Value parameters (SVparam) = The normal value of a Dogamí's Stats
- Factor Parameters (Fparam): Depending on the dog's breed, for each Stat, we will define a weight that will determine the possible number of points
- Expected value (Ev): It is the basic value generated for each Stat without a random factor
- Spread (SD): Is defined for each Stat and is used to randomize the final value
- Sample Value (Sv): Is an intermediate value for each randomized Stat between the Expected value and the Spread
- Final Value (Fv): Is the final value calculated
For the Puppy Phase and the reveal, the final value of the Stats will not be disclosed:
- Puppy Stat (Pstat): is an integer
- Pstat is the stat displayed for the Puppy Phase that will only be a fraction of the final value
- Stats will be randomized between X and Y
In the MVP, the evolution of a Puppy's Stats will be very slow. The maximum stats of a Puppy are limited to 40% of his full potential.
Puppies will have their Stats starting between 10% and 30% of their grown-up potential. The maximum of a Stat at its full potential is 60 and the minimum is 7. Knowing this, we can calculate the min. and max. spread that a dog can earn during the Puppy and Adult Phases.
The idea is to dynamically calculate the progression of the dogs' Stats in order to reach 40% of their full potential as the player progresses. So, the bigger the spread, the faster the dog can earn points and vice versa.